My hope is that this baby will be born with a head of crazy dark hair, piercing blue eyes, and freckles so that I'll know it's mine. Because so far, along with the fact that it's a boy, this babe is all Matt.
How do I know? Here are the top 5:
- Since I've been pregnant, I've eaten more sweets than I have in my entire non-pregnancy life. I'm a savory person, but this baby is basically requesting the diet of a humming bird (just like his father). Thank goodness fruit counts. Also my taste for candy has flipped 180. Sponge candy or chocolate? Out! Skittles*, in! Skittles? Who am I?
- Cereal - I must eat it as least once a day. With loads of real whole milk. I could (if I allowed myself) eat it for every meal, with a side of watermelon of course. Though Matt would eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of my Shredded Wheat (and drop the watermelon) this is his dream diet - not mine.
- Why yes, I HAVE ordered ice cream in public, eaten it, and then gone back up to order and eat more. And no, I felt no shame.
- The baby never stops poking me. Ever. He is in constant need of my love and attention, similar to a puppy...or his father. I bet one of the first faces he makes is involves his bottom lip sticking out with sad puppy eyes.
- Speaking of the fact that he never stops moving - the way he moves is so Matt. It's like the womb is too small and cramped. Matt does this thing when he's in too tight of a space (in reality or in his head) where he starts tossing his shoulders like a line-backer. That's what this baby's "kicking" is like - I would bet it's all shoulder tossing.
*Can we talk about Skittles for a second? WHEN did green change from lime to green apple?! And who made this change?! They should be taken out back an whipped silly. Thanks for ruining the only Skittle flavor I ever loved, jerks!